FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Icelandair refund issues
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2020, 1:50 pm
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged
okay just to report back...
Thanks for that report. I am currently involved in a similar process after receiving an email from Fl CR last week, and was waiting for it to be finalized before posting.

Once I clarified that they were offering travel vouchers good for three years from date of issue, I immediately replied that we would be very pleased with that.

Interestingly, their courteous reply of confirmation included a copy to the individual at US DOT, where I had made a complaint.

The only issue holding it up now is that I've learned it's much harder to cancel a credit card charge back than it is to make it during the current circumstances. I've spent several hours on the phone before I can get to a Chase rep, and their only explanation is that it has to be handled by the individual to whom my complaint has been assigned.

In any event, I like you have strongly criticized FL, but I will sing their praises when we finally have our vouchers in hand. IMHO they have done the right thing, and the three-year time frame is generous.