FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:52 pm
iflyjetz

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
We have couple RT non-flex tickets from SFO-OSL at end of June booked from last year. With current situation what are the chances that they will resume any flights by then? Planning for the worst already but won't give up any chance to get our money back if things go south, that's almost $2000 spent already and way past the time to dispute through CC company. Pretty sad to see this as I flew them couple times before from NorCal to Rome and Barcelona and enjoyed their 787. Also, this is the only way to get to Oslo from NorCal without transferring.
I don't think there's a simple answer for you. I suspect that the SFO-OSL route will not fly, as it isn't the highest demand route in Norwegian's system.

If you bought the ticket through a reseller such as priceline, you will have to discuss this with them.

I assume that Norwegian has not formally cancelled your flight so about the only thing you can do right now is to be armed with as much information as possible. Here's one article that may help a bit: https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabriel.../#657042d745ef

I would call your credit card company and ask what would happen if Norwegian goes out of business, and even if they say tough luck, I'd still file for reimbursement if/when you aren't able to travel.

There is also some information posted on Norwegian's website that you might want to take a look at.