FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keep Virgin Australia/Velocity flying!
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2020, 3:34 pm
mikalee

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by Newman55
If you love Qantas as much as it seems you do, I don't think you should be dancing on the grave of VA. There's a good possibility that whatever comes out of administration could be a lot stronger competitor and I'm not sure Qantas is as strong as you think it is.
you are right. What comes out of administration will be far stronger. There was a good article in the fun review explaining how it is in QFs best interest to see VAH continue to struggle along.

In the end this is the last part of the Borghetti experiment and although an unpredictable and once in a lifetime event has occurred the focus for to long was not on profits but on product. A damn good product but not a profitable one.

this will always lead to failure and is usually only advocated by those spending other people’s money. These same people probably wanted the the same to occur again to spend taxpayers money.

I expect Virgin II to be a focused and profitable business and governments will need to use their public policy leavers to ensure regional Australia is serviced by a competitive air transport industry.

I hope it works through and the majority of jobs saved. It is a shame for Scurrah that his vision was not able to be proven as I think he knew how vulnerable they were. He is a sharply focused operator and may end up running the new virgin.