FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:36 pm
DocWatson

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
I have an ex-MXP flight to HND on a couple of weeks, the MXP flights have been cancelled so I could get a refund.

We'd like to rebook for later this year, accepting there's a strong chance that won't happen, but to give us the prospect of positivity.

I'm using Amex Platinum UK insurance and after 3 emails they failed to answer the question, so I hoped someone here would know.

The original Japan trip was covered by Amex Platinum. Is there a way to move the flight and retain the insurance coverage, given any new booking would be not covered due to the FCO advice not to travel.

For example, if we moved dates but kept flight numbers, would we keep our booking reference and PNR, and would that count as the existing booking or as a new one?

I'm assuming that any changes to flight number, or routing, would qualify as a new booking on the basis insurers are keen to not pay...