FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Memories of the AA Boeing 757 - retired 24 April 2020
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:54 pm
Fraser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
No! Say it isn't so! I love the 757s, especially since the LAA ones went to lie flat seats upfront..

My favourite 757 memory was in 2015 when my then girlfriend and I were flying STT-MIA-JFK in F. At STT we boarded the 757 through the stairs from the apron up to 2L. We were the first passengers to board and the captain was standing at the door and asked to wait a few seconds whilst the crew finished up the cabin. He was very pleasant and we chatted briefly before heading to row 1. After a couple of hours at MIA we go to board a different 757 and the same captain is at the boarding door and greets us! He invites us up to the cockpit and so my wife then throws me in it by saying I'm huge aviation buff and learned to fly with the Royal Air Force (true, but this was more than 10yrs before). He then says I can help him out so I shake hands with the FO, he puts his hat on me and I take the left seat. We start working through the pre-flight checks together and after a good few minutes and just after firing up the APU the purser from F comes back and lets the captain know that boarding is just about complete. We take the hint and head back to row 3...Amazing