FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel at Home - Reach Air Canada Altitude status without leaving home
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:11 am
Adam Smith
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Amazing, I've never had airline status before but I should be able to get the 25K with this by transferring points looking forward to joining the club (even if it is at the lowest tier). Two MLL passes are awesome.

I've never had eUp credits before, what can you do with 20 of them?
You can't double-dip. The T&C say "This Offer cannot be combined with the Travel at Home & Earn a Higher Altitude Status Offer. For greater clarity, an Eligible Participant who receives Altitude Prestige 25K status through this Offer cannot participate in the Travel at Home & Earn a Higher Altitude Status Offer."

Basically, you have to already have Altitude status to qualify for the ability to earn the AQM/eUps/etc. If you have no status, all you're eligible for is the 25K status for earning 50K points.

Originally Posted by agjil
I guess Prestige 25K status will be the default status level for everyone till 2021.
Good marketing move by AC I suppose.
Why do you say that? In a time when many people are struggling financially, how many people do you think are going to go out and earn 50K Aeroplan points during this period? There will be some, for sure, but most people don't even earn 50K Aeroplan points in a year, let alone in six weeks.

Originally Posted by philelite
I wonder when the eUpgrades would expire? Feb 2021 or Feb 2022?
It would be far more useful if we had longer to use them.
Given they're only going to credit them by August 31, February 2021 would be pretty crappy. It does't have to be February, necessarily, though. Recall that before they extended our Altitude statuses by a year, they gave us some eUps expiring May 2021, so they're clearly capable of different expiries than February.

I would hope they would give us at least 12 months to use them, if not more.