FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage Card Spend Qualifying for Million Miler 1 May - 31 Dec 2020
Old Apr 19, 2020, 9:29 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by ExitRowAisle

Perhaps I missed this, but have these interpretations of the promotion rules actually been officially confirmed by AA or Citi? I don't recall credit card spending promos working like this in the past (posting dates trump spending dates), and it seems somewhat arbitrarily punitive to those who have an early-in-the-month posting date as those people will not get any credit for a lot of Christmas spending in December which will be replaced instead by stay-at-home, reduced spending in the second half of April. (And yes I realize this is the first time that AA has offered a LT million-miler promo since it made significant changes to the program years ago.)
AA has not, as far as I’m aware, published anything more than what we can see via the links. But Gary Leff / View From the Wing, as quoted in the Wikipost, did verify the terms and conditions stated. We hope others, whether members here or bloggers, will be able to verify or discount the claim.