FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2020, 4:39 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
So I've got some questions ready to go but I'm willing to defer to jrl767 should y'all prefer that. It's now Thursday at 2:35pm ADT. If I don't hear anything by 800pm ADT tonight, I'll go ahead and defer to jrl767.

In the meantime, here are three sample questions to ponder...

1. (1985) You’ve been reassigned to Naval Station Norfolk, the world's largest naval station. You’ll be working the tower at the adjacent Chambers Field where Air Operations conducts over 100,000 flight operations each year. It should be an exciting assignment. Now then, how to get to Norfolk from your home in Santa Monica, CA… Ah, what’s this? There’s a direct one stop flight into ORF departing Los Angeles every morning. Book it, Danno! Identify the airline, aircraft and the single enroute stop.
A N S W E R E D

2. (1989) Per the schedules in the 1989 OAG I used to reference this question, .what is the longest MD-80 flight in the United States?
A N S W E R E D

3. (1979) It’s winter in Minneapolis and, with yet another winter storm warning looming for this weekend, now seems like an excellent time to take advantage of the one and only direct flight between Minneapolis and Corpus Christi, Texas. Two enroute stops will be made but at least dinner and a snack will also be served along the way. Identify the usual triumvirate of airline, aircraft and routing.
A N S W E R E D

Last edited by Seat 2A; Apr 20, 2020 at 2:25 am