FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: status extensions confirmed
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2020, 1:49 pm
arjen05

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by VicMart1
Hello,

Thank you for all these informations and this discussion on this very touchy situation in which understandings can be very different from what has been decided.

I have a question regarding my father who is Plat and was on his way for Ulti but is now blocked at 945UXP because of the pandemic.
Isn't there any bonus UXP for Plat customers that were making lots of flights to get the Ultimate status this year ?

It seems that from what I read, almost no one will join the Ultimate group of customers at the end of 2020 except if they manage to make the equivalent of the confinement period of flights on top of the ones they will make when it will be able to fly. Let's say, we can fly starting from September, so they will do the number of flights planned for September-December + the equivalents of flights from March to August.

How is it gonna be managed ? Should my father forget the race for Ultimate Status ?
Also, in addition to Goldorak s comment, don't overestimate the benefits or value of utlimate. It's mention on your platinum status rather than a specific status. It's not a coherent 'group of customers' or something specifically worth chasing, but in case you qualify naturally due to your regular travel behavior it's a nice to have. Have a look at the ulti thread elsewhere at this forum, to read reviews from platinum ultimates.

On topic: more generically the question can be asked for any level: what if you where on your way up from Silver to Gold, which requires flying, which you're most likely unable to at the moment, meaning you won't be able to upgrade to a higher status neither. In official comms Flying Blue mentioned to look after status upgrades in a later stage.
I assume it's a mistake from a social media intern, but KLM mentioned on its official LinkedIn company page today that "you will maintain your current (...) XP level for 12 months', which from my understanding means no XP will be deducted at your membership anniversary.
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/klm_p...065563136-mkzy