FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19: status extensions confirmed
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2020, 12:38 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by VicMart1
Hello,

Thank you for all these informations and this discussion on this very touchy situation in which understandings can be very different from what has been decided.

I have a question regarding my father who is Plat and was on his way for Ulti but is now blocked at 945UXP because of the pandemic.
Isn't there any bonus UXP for Plat customers that were making lots of flights to get the Ultimate status this year ?

It seems that from what I read, almost no one will join the Ultimate group of customers at the end of 2020 except if they manage to make the equivalent of the confinement period of flights on top of the ones they will make when it will be able to fly. Let's say, we can fly starting from September, so they will do the number of flights planned for September-December + the equivalents of flights from March to August.

How is it gonna be managed ? Should my father forget the race for Ultimate Status ?
Unfortunately for your father, I don't think AF will do anything in this case. But, assuming those 945 UXP were acquired in 2019, there is no risk asking FB if they would consider "freezing" 2020 and consider a qualification on 2019+2021 instead of 2019-2020.