FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Air Canada flight memories
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2020, 10:16 am
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
First Air Canada flight memories

Given that virtually all of us are grounded due to circumstances I thought it would be nice to relive some memories about your first Air Canada flight if you can recall it. Pictures and visual aids are welcome.

My first flight was as an AC flight as a 16-year-old from YXE to YYC in early 80's and while I don't recall the specific aircraft believe it was a jet rather than a turboprop so perhaps a rugged DC9. The flight was barely an hour long and with the 1-hour time difference remember thinking how funny it was on my ticket to see arrival into YYC be 2-minutes after YXE takeoff. On the return there was some snafu with the paper tickets as apparently the YXE GA pulled the wrong coupon so that had to be fixed but otherwise a smooth but short flight. Sadly I didn't keep any of the ticket stubs and didn't take photos so the trips remains only a memory.

I was a frequent visitor to YXE back in those days as my father traveled for work several times a year and back then you could walk right up and put your nose on the big windows that looked out onto the apron and gates. The aircraft came right up close so it was a unique experience as a kid that's seldom found with more modern airport design.

Anyone else care to share their first Air Canada flight memories?

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 16, 2020 at 11:17 am