FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: What will happen to AA fares once it’s safe to travel ?
Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:58 pm
tomj888

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Originally Posted by Herb687
I think most people on FT are profoundly unqualified to answer this and the response of the average FTer, or even the aggregated responses of all of 'em, will have ZERO impact on what AA actually does.

Furthermore, your caveat to "B" not only reveals bias in the question but also a lack of understanding about airline industry economics. Or perhaps economics in general.

If by "make money as fast as possible" you really mean "pricing for cash flow", that means LOWER prices, not higher ones.

Edited to add: also on "D" note that it's not just legacy airlines that AA matches. Sometimes.
You make valid points. I do not work in the airline industry. I am a frequent flier and I know what costs make sense to me. I am also a businessman with employees I had to fire or furlough. The Federal government is not giving me BILLIONS of dollars to support my business as it is to airlines. How do you apply that rationale to your thinking?
Lastly, I'm bored. I''ve been home too long so I thought this poll would be entertaining. Afterall FT is filled with people sharing their stories. Sound like you work for JD Power. Why not do your own poll?