FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Apr 13, 2020, 11:30 am
Pat Leigh

Originally Posted by gottaluvNW
Spoke to YouFirst this week.
June schedule changes - they have absolutely no idea. I guess they will wait till the last possible moment.
It stinks because I have multiple trips booked that require coordination beyond airline tickets and I too am stuck in the same boat...

Yes, I’m kind of in the same position ... package holiday to Mexico with BA, balance due 22nd April with flight on 11th June. Regardless of whether the holiday is cancelled or not we have decided not to travel given the current circumstance, plus my husband has been furloughed from his job. I’m assuming that BA won’t cancel our holiday until at least our balance date has passed? With this in mind we have decided to cut our loses and lose our £750 rather than pay the balance of £7,000 for fear of not getting the cash back and just being offered a voucher. When we cancel next week with the loss of deposit, given that BA cancellations are only up until 31st May at the moment, would we have any come back on trying to claim this back through our credit card company or, accept that we have lost the deposit altogether ... am assuming the latter? Tia