Old Apr 13, 20, 10:08 am
Jon Maiman

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat., SWA A-List,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
While I have tried to stay out of the general ongoing mudslinging at Marriott Management, this article is pretty damning. I am very disappointed in Marriott's Corporate actions and lack of Good Corporate Citizenship. While continuing to pay everyone indefinitely (or more accurately enabling franchisees to do so) is not realistic, true cutbacks of executive compensation (not just salary which is a small part of typical executive pay) can and should be done. Certainly raises in any form (salary, equity [stock], cash bonuses) should be off the table for all corporate executives this year.

I hate to say it but after many, many years of giving most of my hotel business to Marriott, I may have to reconsider that going forward due to their poor behavior during the pandemic. Maybe Marriott will have its own version of Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol and realize the error of the ways and repent before it is too late.

--Jon