FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID Era UA inflight service changes {Archive}
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:01 pm
dilanesp

Programs: united
Originally Posted by cmd320
So what? I'm not really interested in the external factors affecting the companies I choose to do business with. I'm interested in the product they deliver. When I purchase an F ticket I expect the entire experience delivered or I expect it to be considerably cheaper.

At this point with empty planes and no real service on offer to differentiate F from Y, one is definitely better off purchasing a Y ticket. You'll end up with the same soft product and more space across three Y seats than one disappointing domestic F seat.
​​​​​​Look. The world is in crisis. No airline seems to feel that it is safe to deliver the service you want.

Now that's not what you want to hear, I get that. But it's true. You have choices though:

You can
​​​
1. Not fly, which is what many of us are doing.

2. Fly but don't pay for F because you aren't getting what you consider to be F service. If you are a FF'er you might get a CPU anyway, in which case you will not have paid for the service.

3. Charter a private plane, if a service is available which will undertake whatever risks are necessary to deliver the service you think is necessary.
​​​​​​
I don't see why the industry putting flyers to this choice is some huge outrage. There's a health crisis, flight attendants have gotten sick, and airlines are losing lots of money. If I truly needed to fly, the least of my concerns would be inflight service. Indeed I would try to make as few requests as possible from FA's to prevent the spread of the virus.