FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who is/is not Flying Now On UA in the COVID era? Why?
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:06 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eng3
How reliable is it to take a flight the night before I need to be at my destination (in the morning)? I might need to fly in 2-3 weeks. I've been looking at flight status and notice some flights cancelled. Is UA cancelling flights that fall under a certain load threshold? I'm trying to determine if I should take an earlier flight that day or possibly an additional day earlier.
That's an impossible question to have an opinion. Even with more information on actual route doubt you can get a meaningful answer. Things are changing daily / weekly and what inferences one might have drawn a few weeks ago are meaningless today as well is today will be meaningless for a a few weeks out. UA is consolidating flights but actual selected flights depend on many factors besides the flight load. Getting sepecific aircraft to specific airports for future flights, same with crews, and then there may be a cargo or USPS contacts requirement or other factors we have no insight into. Plus there is the COVID-19 status that day at the various airports.

A day or two out and tracking recent results, then you might have a chance of making an informed guess. If you must be someplace, start with an earlier flight and hope something flies that day