FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:47 pm
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by escape4
Mate, I am surprised to hear this, how did this happen? For someone who stays in hotels 300+ nights per year it's not entirely straightforward to NOT requalify for Marriott AMB status. Assuming Hyatt for 60+ nights plus Hilton another 60+ nights, it still leaves plenty of room for Marriott unless you actively tried to avoid them because of a previous beef with them?
I did 80 nights with Marriott and slightly over $20K, but consciously decided to avoid them for the last few months and so got down to just a couple of 1 night stays and then a few nights at the SGS over Christmas. I didn't want the hassle of incorrect stays, broken promises, missing points, dodgy communication etc. and had the added benefit of avoiding me being tempted to stay more with them in 2020.

Last year I had 4 months in the South Pacific which was mainly local homestay/ non-chain plus 3 months at home and 3 months at an AirBnB in Paris/ Chisinau - so a lot less normal hotel stays than usual. I picked up 25 Hyatt nights, 15 Okura and a bunch of random non-chains in Oct-Dec.