FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] AC: UA-Australia from mid $300s
Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:28 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by shadoworb
Yeah...I guess hard lesson learned for next time. Pretty hesitant about booking deals posted on this forum now.

I booked positioning flights early since this was going to be around the holidays and plane tickets tend to get pretty crazy that close before departure.

I just feel kind of burned for AC to turn around and be like oh whoops it was a fare pricing mistake. I figured it was just a good sale given the massive drop off in travel this year.
If it is a good deal and works in your situation, you should not hesitate to book deals posted here. That said, you need to understand there are always potential risks, such as airline pulling the fare (as it is the case here), or airlines posting schedule changes, which could potentially invalidate your positioning flights.

Just be glad you have received your refund. I am still waiting for refunds from AC - it's been more than a month now, and in the amount of thousands of dollars.