FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *** 8 Apr : Marriott announces Bonvoy status / points / SNA / FNA extensions ***
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:50 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by mikebor
So I am still traveling and even during this awful pandemic I will definitely earn Ambassador status this year the hard way. So I'm thinking, if Marriott is extending everyone and you have people like me who really earned it, shouldn't that count for me in 2021 so I should get Ambassador status until Feb 2023? Just sayin.
Considering your apparent concern for Ambassadors in another thread I am very surprised you are not isolating to protect yourself and others.

What surprised me far more however is the fact that Marriott has here done the right thing and taken any pressure of non required travel not just in the next few months but the rest of the year, rather than hold status over its members and force them to consider travel, yet you don't commend this, you feel you deserve more.

It is comments like this that devalue the times when companies like Marriott do the right thing and everytime someone says something like this you decreases the chance that next time they will.

So Marriott from me (who would most likely still do 100 nights and the spend anyway) thank you for doing the right thing and on this occasion doing it in a timely manner without external pressure. You have on this stepped up and for that I view Marriott better than I did at the start of today.