FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus: tier status extended to March 2022 [and now March 2023]
Old Apr 8, 2020, 9:20 am
jackr27

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Originally Posted by more4less
I would think so but not 100% sure, sorry. I hope other regular contributors in this forum can confirm it.
This is my interpretation too, although I don't tend to fly with Vueling if it can be at all helped.

I did requalify at Oro and I imagine Iberia's reasoning for not being flexible is that the year runs 1 April - 31 March. But I can also see that downgrading people who were close to requalifying might not be the best strategy for when this is over - more so if they did actually have oneworld flights booked and decided not to travel when covid-19 escalated.

I am interested at this point as to whether Iberia will show any flexibility for this coming status year. My next flights (due to cancellations and postponements) are not until the end of October (!). And I'm not even counting on taking those at the present time. Usually 6 months in I'd be well on my way to requalifying, but that definitely will not be the case this year, and I am not anticipating earning enough EPs to requalify over the next 12 months.

This said, since Iberia is virtually shutdown now, and the situation here in Spain is very difficult, I don't see how it'd be sustainable for them to not at least show some flexibility this year, because otherwise they must be heading for a dramatic reduction in Iberia Plus status members come 2021.