FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus: tier status extended to March 2022 [and now March 2023]
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:05 am
alanw

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Iberia Plus: tier status extended to March 2022 [and now March 2023]

I got a mail from Iberia Plus last week informing me, in classic Iberia fashion, that they know things are tough right now, and they really wanted to be flexible, and even though they made the requal criteria less demanding, but go pound sand because we just dropped you to a base member. I can't say I'm surprised, really.

Except from their paragraphs-long mail about how hard it is out there for an airline:

sabemos que estos últimos meses has podido verte afectado por la restricción de vuelos a nivel mundial. Entendemos que la situación sin precedente del COVID-19 ha podido perjudicarte de diferentes maneras y ha llevado a muchos de nuestros viajeros frecuentes a frenar el ritmo de sus viajes.

Queremos agradecer la confianza que nos demuestras cada día al volar con nosotros y confiar en el programa Iberia Plus.

Por esta razón y dado que ha bajado notablemente la actividad aérea en estos 3 últimos meses, hemos querido flexibilizar las condiciones del programa. Aun habiendo reducido las exigencias del programa de forma proporcional, ahora has bajado al nivel Iberia Plus Clásica.
Please note they say that "even though we proportionally reduced the requirements of the program", you've dropped to base level. There has been no communication from them about any change in requirements.

BA are also offering no relief whatsoever, so I guess I'm going to be concentrating my flying from now on with *A.