FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta vs AF ticket for La Premiere
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:38 pm
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Rambol
That is exactly what I am saying, so I don't see how the first sentence is wrong. But at least we agree on how it works

I think there is some misunderstanding about the definition of ticket I used. When I mention DL or AF ticket I mean the ticket stock (i.e. who issues the ticket). This is irrelevant for flyingblue mileage and possible UXP earning, only the marketing carrier is relevant in this case.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
What you are saying: to earn UXP it has to be AF flight number, on any ticket stock, including DL (006) ticket stock
What Goldorak is saying: to earn UXP it has to AF flight number, only on AF (057) or KL (074) ticket stock

From the bit I know and based on a past experience I am afraid Goldorak is right.
Originally Posted by Rambol
Ah, if that is your experience it is probably true. However, this does not align with the information on the flying blue site, where only the AF/KLM marketed flight requirement is mentioned:

'You’ve already started gaining UXP so you’re on your way, you just need to keep flying. UXP are the Ultimate Experience Points you gain when travelling on Air France or KLM marketed flights.
The more UXP you gain the closer you are to accessing the Flying Blue Ultimate service. Concretely, that means you need to gain 1,800 UXP within two (2) calendar years to be eligible. Once you’ve gained sufficient UXP your Flying Blue Ultimate privileges will start on April 1st of the following year and last for two (2) years.'

I guess the information on the flying blue page not being 100% correct shouldn't come as a surprise though.
Ha Ha Ha
so here is the final answer : ticket stock doesn't matter for Ultimate. Only AFKLflight number is important