FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - On Board Service Changes - Corona
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:28 pm
David7

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Reno1979
Flew LAX to AMS on KLM last night... Same service as described above... Very little contact, very few drinks available, and a clear plastic bag of random snacks (orange, muffins, cracker, cheese, kit-kat, diet coke and three small waters) was waiting in my Business seat. One decent-ish past meal was served 2 hours in, with brownie and some unknown dutch salad side thing... All of that was okay, and understandable....

However being handed a face mask while boarding and being told I MUST wear it except while eating on a 10.5 hour flight was not expected, and wasn't great. I get it... but I didn't like it.

Also was moved out of row 6 (777-300) up to Row 4. One FA told me it would "be more quiet up there". I asked not to move, as I had wanted an isle seat so nobody would be climbing over me (2-2-2 layout). The second FA came back and told me I "had to move" to give the "crew some room to relax". Uh.... okay. When I used the bathroom later, I did indeed see the crew stretched out across row 6 behind the galley. Didn't like that either.

Strange, unfortunate times.

Being forced to wear a mask seems very awkward. Although I can understand since I witnessed some people coughing without a mask on and without covering their mouth...

I think many crews have a mentality right now along the lines of “We are putting ourselves at risk bringing everyone home so we deserve to be treated like heroes”.. This really shines through when it comes to their service and relaxing in business class. Funnily enough it was mentioned in an OMAAT blog post a few months back that Saudia FAs were sitting down in business class to eat, talk and relax. Now this sort of stuff seems to be normal....