FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA • CONFIRMS • Status Extension to JAN 2022; PQP Thresholds Reduced by ½ for 2020
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:51 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
On my routes, my competition is (usually) less business travelers than leisure travelers. Reduced capacity will probably reproduce the same or tougher competition for upgrades. I promise you UA's schedule will not nearly resemble summer 2019's in summer 2020 or summer 2021. Another contributing factor is some companies will be putting HVFs in coach. They'll want to be in F. There's a lot of moving parts. I hope you're right, but I think reduced capacity is going to be the equalizer relative to reduced travel.
I'd agree, alot of moving parts which will be changing over time. Right now UA has to have enough planes in the air even though they are nearly empty. As things get back to normal, they'll start to fill up. At some point, UA will need to start adding flights and routes back in. During this time, I'd expect to see some routes that are completely full and some routes that are completely empty. International is even more complicated. How will UA manage PZ > 0? How will that balance with the supply of PP given these new thresholds and business environment? So many moving parts. I think the best thing to do is to keep any eye on things and be ready to take advantage of any opportunities (assuming you'll be traveling)