FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TravelUp
Thread: TravelUp
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2020, 10:14 am
frb98mf

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
What a joke TRAVELUP is. They closed their callcentres and only way to reach them is by email - yeah super convenient when departure is within 48 hours and flights are disappearing...
Originally Posted by Paren
Yep. I spent circa 10 hours in total on hold previously and could never get through to anyone. It seems they are only working on an email basis now.

Travel insurance, BA and my credit card provider keep saying TravelUp needs to change my flights, but I'm not sure how this is possible when you can't get hold of them.
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
I clicked on the profile.

Last post - 4th Septemner 2019 (in this thread!)

Last activity - 1st October 2019 (not specified what that was)

Total posts - 2

I woudn't rely on them responding to any message via flyer talk

If their call cenre is in India then it has been shut down. Just like the BA one. On the orders of the Indian Government.
Originally Posted by Paren
I'm also in the same boat - meant to be flying on 1st April with BA flights operated by Qatar.

Apparently TravelUp are saying they will get back to you if you are due to fly within a week but I'm not sure if anyone has received any communication from them looking at the various 1 star reviews on Feefo/Trustpilot etc.
Originally Posted by frb98mf
They're bad enough when there is no crisis. I've just issued a small claim against them for a refund they have failed to issue despite 10 months of repeated requests through multiple media. Not only that but cut a long story short, the refund was as a result of their misinterpretation of the fare rules, leading to repeatedly misquoted change costs, and ultimately a material loss and downgrade for me when I had to cancel and rebook.
So the good news is, if you want to reach them really urgently, there is a way - just issue a small claim. They responded on what must have been the same day they received the notice, to say they were defending themselves against my claim in full!