FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KLM's S20 timetable - schedule related questions
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:52 am
jambochris

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Could be, but . . .

. . . this morning KL had one single flight scheduled before 9 a.m., to Paris. Shouldn't be too challenging, one would think, yet it departed 1 hour and 17 minutes late. I can't imagine that had anything to do with curfews, revoked permits, landing clearances, crew transport, and certainly not the weather or ATC restrictions due to heavy traffic. The aircraft operating the flight had been sitting at Schiphol since last Friday, so that can't have been it either. Nor did it suddenly go tech, as the delay had already been put into the system at 4 a.m.

The next two flights, to Brussels and Billund, departed 17 and 55 minutes late respectively. Flights to München and Frankfurt also left half an hour late. Longhauls to JFK and Tokyo were delayed by 30 minutes and two hours, and tonight's flight to SIN has yet to depart, but is already showing a 60 minute delay.

For whatever reason, punctuality is not their strongest point at the moment.

Johan
As I'm sure you are aware, many flights are working to a new/different timetable. In one of the examples you gave you stated that the Paris departure was 1hr 17 mins late. It has a new departure time of 09.15 so was actually 2 mins late.

My normal flight usually departed at 8.00 pre new timetable. When it operated last week it had a new departure time of 10.15 meaning it showed as being 2hrs 15mins late.

At the moment there are very few flights with "real" delays.

Last edited by jambochris; Apr 6, 2020 at 1:53 am Reason: spelling