FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Good price for JAL business class tickets US -> Asia?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 1:51 pm
aaron53878

Good price for JAL business class tickets US -> Asia?

I am long-time lurker, in the process of planning my honeymoon for Jan 2021. We have never flown international business class before, and thought this would be a good opportunity to try it if we can find reasonably priced tickets (I have flown a good amount domestically for work in certain years, so plenty of domestic first upgrades in 2018/19, but never paid for anything more than economy).

We are looking at Austin -> Tokyo -> Singapore -> Austin (connecting back through Tokyo, spending time in each city). Right now, JAL Business Class seems to be by far the cheapest, seeing $3300 round trip for all business class segments from LAX -> Tokyo -> Singapore -> LAX (connecting through Tokyo), then there's a $207 flight (economy) on American round-trip from Austin / LAX with a good amount of buffer and early morning departure (as well as lots of other flights on other airlines on the way to LAX that morning, just in case something mechanical happens last minute and we need to hop on another airline worst case with a last minute fare).

So grand total, $3500, with all of the long-haul segments in business, and just the quick short-haul in the US in economy. This seems like a pretty good deal to me, but given how far out we are and my limited frame of reference not having booked paid business class before, do y'all think it's worth taking the plunge? Does business class, on a decent airline, on this sort of flight ever get much cheaper if you're paying with cash?