FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:04 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gms
How long is it taking for Avios and 2-4-1/GUF2 vouchers to be returned to accounts after a full cash cancellation? In my case, I cancelled online (full cash refund, not a credit voucher)
An update on my cancellation. I cancelled my booking on 25 March (online, using the Javascript workaround). This was an Avios booking using 2-4-1 and GUF2 vouchers. The cash element was refunded to my card on 26 March, but 10 days on I hadn't received the Avios or vouchers back into my account. So I ended up calling BA yesterday. I got through within a couple of minutes (Gold line). The chap I spoke to said that the Avios and vouchers should have been returned by now. But agreed that he could not see these either and could not understand why they had not been returned to me. Similarly, when he checked the booking reference he could not see the Avios or vouchers, but could see from my account that it had been an Avios booking. He then had to get a colleague to reinstate the vouchers to my cancelled booking so he could manually cancel them and return them to my account. Similarly, he had to manually add the Avios back to my account. So everything now credited back to me (cash, Avios and vouchers).

Just wanted to flag this experience in case anyone else has had problems getting Avios and vouchers returned after doing an online cancellation.