FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extended rental, but never received a confirmation
Old Apr 1, 2020, 11:55 pm
91StealthES

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Marko123
Recently I had a rental car booked for one week originally. During the rental I extended it to add an additional week. The process itself on the app was very easy, gave me the new cost which was what I expected and I confirmed. I never got any confirmation email nor could I see it in the app that I had extended the rental. My worry here was now that I'm past the original return date, I have no proof that I'm allowed to be driving this car if I were to get pulled over or in an accident. I'm sure they could dig it up but it's not a good look. I returned the car last night as scheduled and it was smooth, so everything worked behind the scenes.

When I did the extension, I tried the online chat tool which was not helpful, then I called and they said I should get an email with the new drop-off date 2-3 days later which of course I never got. I always get the confirmation emails immediately upon booking a new reservation so I don't understand why that can't happen when a rental is extended too. Did I do something wrong? Is this a known issue?
Nope, you did nothing wrong. I’ve extended many many rentals and only once I believe received an email. If you are past your return date, you will receive annoying phone calls from Hertz informing you that the car is past due. You will also receive a mailed letter on occasion.