FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID-19 cancellation policy
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2020, 5:59 pm
Webster023

I have return flights to Korea from the UK booked on June 25th and returning two weeks later for myself, my wife and my mother. Am I right in thinking that we are now eligible to claim a refund or a fee-free date change for the tickets due to the fact that all foreigners who enter the country are now subjected to a 14 day quarantine at a govt facility at their own expense?

That would seem to qualify for "Passengers with entry restrictions due to Covid-19" in section 1 of the Korean Air Ticket Change/Refund guidelines correct?

(1) Passengers with entry restriction regarding COVID-19

1. Passengers with entry restriction regarding novel coronavirus

* Strongly recommended reviewing the latest entry requirements of your destinations.
* The immigration authorities of each country can provide you with more information.

2. Travel Date : ~ June 30, 2020

3. Applicable Charges
  • Waiver for refund penalty
  • Permission of date/itinerary changes. Reissue penalty shall be waived once. (any fare differences should be collected)
    ※ Aside from entry restrictions, in case of traveling from Philippines, Thailand (issued on/before March 9) reissue penalty shall be waived once.
  • Waiver on fare difference
    a. Required reissue to origin ticket destination due to entry restriction (not applied for fully unused ticket)
    b. Denied boarding passengers due to COVID-19 such as registering a higher temperature.
    c. Required reissue due to allowed entry only for the designated airports in the United States.