FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott announces new data breach; up to 5.2 million guests affected
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:46 pm
cfabar1

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I have not been notified yet, however I think this company clearly is not taking these data breaches seriously.

Hotel chains are one of the only industries I can think of that REQUIRE nearly every customer to have a credit card on file at all times - whether you are a one time customer or a frequent customer. They are constantly holding these credit cards.

One time is acceptable every now and then, I think most customers and consumers recognize that these breaches will happen, and there is only so much we can do to prevent them.

But... customers are also counting on Marriott and other companies that deal in HIGH LIKELIHOOD of hacking industries to be at the forefront of these procedures and to treat their data safely and securely to the best of their abilities. Marriott really needs to get ahead of this. Right now, when eventually things reopen, I can imagine people saying “I’d rather stay at the hotel that doesn’t share my data”.

Timing couldn’t be worse!