FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will this be the end of an era for Baby Boomer (maybe Gen-X) cabin crew generation?
Old Mar 29, 2020, 2:28 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Experience will triumph

Originally Posted by chongcao
[
Let me start this thread with saying that the Baby Boomer generation (born between 1944 and 1964) is great. They have gone through tough times, good times and bad times. Many of them have retired. Yet there are still legend still flying to his/her last days. Some of the best flights I have were served by these grannies and grandpas (well, some younger ones are like uncles and aunties as i am getting older too).
I second your appreciation of more experienced cabin crew. The LH group airlines have many or them and they are the backbone especially for premium class service. You can immediately see the ex Swisssair (SR) hosts when flying LX.

After the major meltdown of the airline industry which might make disappear many LCC, the by then government owned legacy airlines will certainly stick to those experienced crew members, it is rather the end of the Air Asia/Easyjet/Ryanair college boys and girls .