FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OMG AA is still using call centers !!!
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:52 pm
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by TomMM
Another challenge that some of our customer service employees are facing is that they only have one computer at the house which now must be used by children for online classes.
Agreed. Originally we were asked to volunteer to give up our laptops as if we had another available system at home that could be dedicated to work use, and they wanted to make them available to employees that usually used desktops in the office, like customer service reps, etc. It is extremely difficult to buy or lease more right now, because of the problems in Asia right now and demand has sky rocketed as people are staying at home for work and school.
Our group supports the primary access to internal and external applications, through F5 and Citrix devices. So, we have laptops that are usually used on our desks in the office as we were limited to a maximum of 2 work from home days a week. The idea of giving up our laptops was quickly decided to not be practical. I week ago, I had to connect it to a system in our data center for troubleshooting, so that wouldn't have worked if i had had to give it up. We added 8000 people working from home from a much smaller number who had been previously been doing this by using VPN, Web Portals, and Citrix VDI, so it has been a very hectic 2 weeks at work.