FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class Service to New York/EWR?
View Single Post
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:44 pm
Legend717

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Okay, doom and gloom scenarios aside, here's my take:
Having punted United's entire operation two years ago, I couldn't be happier. I can't pretend AS is a perfect airline, but they remind me a lot of Continental in the old days (2000-2005, under Bethune).
I've come to enjoy Alaska's friendlier product, even if that means not having lie-flat seats for my precious behind to sit in on a 5 hour daytime flight. (Overnight, otoh, they were kinda nice...)
Sometimes you can find very good prices for AS F; other times, as noted above, you wonder just who at AS is delusional, charging the same or more for what is demonstrably an inferior product. BUT. Generally speaking, I've been quite happy.
And I don't miss New United at all. I made the mistake of letting work book me on United for a trip to Canada in November... not a good experience. I gave them years to get it straightened out, before I decided that my lifetime is not long enough to keep funneling money into a company that hates me and most other customers. Arrivederci!
I do, however, miss the Star Alliance, so if you're looking for a new default airline, it's worth considering that Alaska is, eventually, headed into WonWhirled. If that does or does not appeal to you, or maybe it has no bearing on you at all. Just something to consider.