FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:12 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stefan_nl
I have a flight on the 1st of may to YYZ, and I have no intention to take that flight (as the world has most probably not returned to normal by then). I can get a voucher now but I'd like a refund so I wait and hope the flight gets cancelled. But what is the last moment I can request the voucher? Before OLCI? Before the flight is scheduled?
Formally it is anytime before the flight closes up, so the same as No-Show avoidance. That's typically 20 minutes to departure, on SOP, usually 10 minutes or so at LHR and the Airport Formerly Known As LCY, 15 minutes at LGW (and probably 30 minutes in LIS....) but things are running a bit differently. So I've said 90 minutes in previous messages upthread. In reality, and in the absence of last minute old school technical problems, BA will cancel services before the day of departure.