FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to throw BA a bone. Prices spat back in my face!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 8:06 pm
jay121

i seem to be (maybe the only one) who is with OP on this. From my understanding OP isn't saying that they want a cheap holiday deal but expect the price to be similar to when they tried to book it before the crisis. BA currently is running out of cash quickly and has already reached out to the government for a potential bail out (beyond the guaranteed credit line the government has already extended to them and virgin which is not free..). I think people on this thread would have a very different opinion if a person requested more money from their employer, their employer said no and no longer hired them so instead the government gave them the money they wanted. But that is effectively what BA is doing.

Believe it or not we are going into at least a few months if not years where people will have less money and companies will cut back on unnecessary expense e.g. some corporate travel. BA will not see as much demand and should therefore be welcoming business. If a holiday to Antigua was profitable to them last year at lets say £2000 why are they no longer willing to to do it at that price? Even though oil prices are lower and hotels have empty rooms.