FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to throw BA a bone. Prices spat back in my face!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:15 pm
trooper

Originally Posted by RichardDix
I didn't see any comment from the OP about wanting a cheaper price. I read other posters make the charge of bargain hunting. What I inferred from the OP is that he basically wanted to rebook what was cancelled at a similar price in the future, in part to leave his cash with BA/IAG and was astonished by a much higher price than what he had paid.

I find the rush to judge his response as cynically as possible very off-putting irrespective of how algorithms work.

If a person on the dole demands more money rather than graciously accepting what is intended as a generous gesture, it rankles. I think he sought to be supportive. Unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished.
And thus he has been asked, more than once, (with no response) how the price he paid compared to what it would have cost if ALSO booked that far out. People are looking for an apples-to-apples comparison.... or that is how it seems to me...