FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience with SQ Covid-19-related cancellations?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:23 pm
fieldfreen

Originally Posted by metoo
Did you have to pay a fee for your points to go back to your account?
Everything I read seems to have a deadline of travel BY March 2021.
What form or email address did you use?

I redeemed points for a flight from JFK to FRA cancelled for May 2020. I would love to have until Jan 2021 to book a new flight as I plan to travel in June or July 2021.
My points already expired so I would have no points back if I cancel now. Think expiration was like August 2019 when I booked the May 2020 trip
See my post above please but something fishy is going on... They're pushing open tickets/vouchers hard and wouldn't let me cancel as my points expire next month and it could take up to 4 months for points to be redeposited and they couldn't guarantee if they posted after expiration that they would be valid.

This is what I was told by the latest representative and it's probably wrong. My open ticket must be booked by Jan 30, 2021 and travel completed by March 2021 to not incur a $25 change fee. I can still book past March 2021 but would incur a $25 change fee. If this is in fact correct (I doubt it is) I'd be happy with that.