FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to throw BA a bone. Prices spat back in my face!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 5:21 pm
diamantaire

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
cupsandsaucers imo,
Ba does have customers & will continue to have them, yes at this point in time not enough planes flying.
Do they need business - yes (everyone neeeds).
While I am sure every customers contribution is what makes the company, certainly your contribution is not what keeps it afloat or something that affects the bottom line of the company.
What nobody here mentioned is the low oil & ATF prices, certainly ba has hedged them, hence there that should make a difference in the future (they might not be this low either).
While I certainly do find their prices historically higher YTY since the past 3-4 years (to the destinations I fly) as there is certainly demand.
With Covid 19 everyone is a loser the airlines & the pax, surely nobody wished for this.
While I certainly understand your logic that cash is king, but they certainly are within their right to price their services. Nobody is bound to each other.
When will this C19 problem end , nobody knows. The damage that it will cause shall be huge, I guess there would be different priorities for people then, besides travel.
Ba & all other airlines are losing money unconditionally at this point, why would they sell something for less instead of try to recuperate lost revenue.
BA seems to be pretty stable financially at least now, in the future we shall see.
I suggest to wait it out till the C19 problem is not resolved, at least that's what I am doing.
Cheap oil lubricates the economy.