FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to throw BA a bone. Prices spat back in my face!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:16 pm
RichardDix
Suspended

Originally Posted by dougzz
There's plenty of discussion, and some good answers. You, as a person that once claimed they booked all the company travel, should have better awareness of airline pricing and economics. BA are in a battle for survival, certainly as they see it, so there is no point in surviving through the summer to be in a huge mess next year as a result of dumping inventory at low margin/loss. Right now no airline knows what next summer may look like, maybe demand disappears and their network is a fraction of what it was previously, and what inventory is available needs to be at a decent margin.

As as been pointed out already, you just seem irked that you can't bag a potential bargain, you're not acting based on altruistic motives towards BA.
I didn't see any comment from the OP about wanting a cheaper price. I read other posters make the charge of bargain hunting. What I inferred from the OP is that he basically wanted to rebook what was cancelled at a similar price in the future, in part to leave his cash with BA/IAG and was astonished by a much higher price than what he had paid.

I find the rush to judge his response as cynically as possible very off-putting irrespective of how algorithms work.

If a person on the dole demands more money rather than graciously accepting what is intended as a generous gesture, it rankles. I think he sought to be supportive. Unfortunately, no good deed goes unpunished.