FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trying to throw BA a bone. Prices spat back in my face!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:46 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by AJA_
I do see that for some situations physical proximity is still a good idea but I wonder if we do go into a worldwide recession how many companies will continue to pay first class? I am sure that eventually travel will return but I do not see it being anywhere near back to "normal" levels before this hit in the short term (the next 12 months). And there will be those who will do less travel in the short term. If there are fewer people travelling then the airlines will do their best to maximise revenue. So it could either be discounted fares to encourage people to return but with so many trying to redeem vouchers I can't see BA doing this or more likely high pricing to maximise revenue from fewer passengers who will pay to travel come what may.
Doubtful that F and lounges included as the result of status survive government subsidies and equity stakes. There may be some taxpayers who appreciate the value of a carrier, but not of the CCR (on their coin).