FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Work from home tech thread
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:56 am
nmenaker

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
We might have a use for a virtual whiteboard that I can draw on and multiple people can see in real time. We have available Zoom, Google Docs, and iCloud and assorted Apple apps. Hardware wise I have an iPad Pro and a Pixelbook with a touch screen. I’m generally thinking something like broadcasting a presentation to remote people and marking up the slides but I’ve never really done anything like this. It could be a two component thing too, maybe sharing a screen in Zoom from an iPad and writing on the screen with an Apple Pencil? Any thoughts before I start trying some stuff out of stuff anyone knows works wel or doesn’t work well? Thanks.
So, with the zoom app an ipad and apple pencil that is a great third screen for sharing and doing any sort of markup. At this point I'd just get a cheap ipad and an older apple pencil for this.

From there, I've setup zoom rooms with fully functioning whiteboards that are integrated into the zoom room and allow in room users to do large wall whiteboarding - probably not the best thing today since everything is solo and remote.

I've setup rooms with this big tv whiteboard, from DTEN https://dten.com (pretty spendy, but corporate clients buy them and get about 20% off with 2+)
and some with this simpler overlay for current grease market whiteboards https://kaptivo.com/zoom-rooms/ (pretty cheap overall, but monthly fees over time)

I've also setup google jambords, this is a very nice solution for companies that are heavy google cloud users, with video, whiteboarding and saving, sharing, remote sharing, remote markup (using ipad/tablets and finger/stylus) This is the closest thing to minority report that one is going to find.

Jamboards are pretty $$ too like 5K and annual support/maintenance fees.