FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL to Extend Status to Feb-2022 due to COVID 19 (Consolidated Thread)
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:41 am
kyushuman

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
As a BA Silver (similar to DL Platinum, which I also have), BA just sent a message saying that they've reduced required Tier Points by 30% for those whose earning year ends in April, May, or June. BA's earning year isn't Jan.1 to Dec. 31, so it's differrent from DL.
My earning year ends June 8th....For me, I already had 440 TPs, and I now instead of the normal 600 TPs, I only need 420.... so whew! So I'm Silver for another year.

I think this wise because it doesn't just give a blanket status to everyone (Hilton did that, and my partner who was Diamond last year and stayed 2 (two) nights in 2019 will apprarently get his status extended another year!
I understand though that this is unprecedented so these companies are just trying to find a good spot.
DL needs to make at least an interim announcement so people relax a bit. That said, with a Dec. 31st deadline, I guess it's less of an emergency than with BA, where everyone has a different earning year, and some are about to lose status in the middle of this and can't travel at all.