FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experience with SQ Covid-19-related cancellations?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:38 am
fieldfreen

Originally Posted by fieldfreen
Just called SQ to see about cancelling a July award flight as my points are going to expire next month. Thought it would be safer to get the points back in my account and pay or use points to extend for 6 months to buy some time. They said it could take up to 4 months to refund the points back to my account. Does this sound right?!? They couldn't guarantee if the points posted after the expiration that they would be valid.

Any insights on this, thanks so much!
To follow up on this and I just want to make sure i heard what SQ told me and see if others received this. I've decided to keep my award ticket in open status and they said I can book a trip by January, 31 2021. I don't need to fly by this date but will have until January 31 2022 to complete travel. Does this sound right? I had a bad connection and I was having a little trouble understanding the representative so hope to confirm here or will call back and hopefully have a better connection.

Thank you all for your help!