FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wuhan coronavirus outbreak — worries as it spread to HK & beyond
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:54 pm

And it turns out, to my great surprise, that all those returning residents from Hubei are going to be quarantining at home with their families.

In any event, I'm not suggesting bringing down the gates till the crisis is over. But arrivals, at least from hard-hit areas like EUR/UK/US should go into hard quarantine at a Government centre to protect the community as a whole. At the moment, there aren't enough places in Government centres for all those arrivals, but once there are -- using tents and other temporary types of shelter as necessary -- the airport can be re-opened. So it's a temporary closure till proper arrangements are in place that I suggest. No different really than closing the airport till a typhoon blows over.

Finally, a policy that encourages people feeling a little unwell to head on a plane to Hong Kong for better treatment is a horrible horrible policy from the standpoint of everyone else on that plane, and the Government has a responsibility to those people as well. Maybe set up special flights for those feeling a little unwell, I don't know. But they should not be maskerading as in perfect health on a commercial flight.

Last edited by 889; Mar 25, 2020 at 8:59 pm