FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How Screwed Are Timeshare Owners Now?
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:16 pm
teddybear99

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

When you own 1/52nd of a property, and say, 35/52nds aren't pulling their weight, and another 35/52nds of the remainder of the units aren't pulling their weight, either, ♫ the sun won't come out ... tomorrow ... bet you're bottom dollar, there ain't sun.♫
Sorry, math does not add up correctly:

1/52+35/52+35/52=71/52 which would mean all the property owners combined would be more than whole.

Also, my knowledge is from friends and family who have owned timeshares so I don't understand this well:

1. My BIL owned 3 weeks and except for the first time, has never stayed at the properties he owns 1 week of
2. He has stayed multiple weeks at a timeshare location near my house in the past when he came to visit my late MIL who was living with SIL and my wife and I (splitting time at both locations) before she passed.
3. He paid into a company that allowed him to exchange these weeks with properties throughout the world, so then who actually owned these properties?

I believe this should be moved into a different forum such as Non-hotel Lodging Services including Airbnb and VRBO.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/non-...rbnb-vrbo-757/