FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:34 am
LufthansaGermanAirlines
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Hi Lurkers,

I have a query regarding an OS booking that I have for August. I rang up last night to enquire about rebooking the outbound to a week earlier and after being kicked out of the call twice, I finally got through to someone after 20:00 at the generic LH group call centre rather than the OS-specific one, as OS were already closed by then. I was told that rebooking was no problem and that there would be no charge. I kept an eye on the booking online and nothing changed so I just called OS again and got through to their call centre, only to be told that what the colleague last night told me was rubbish and that my ticket is not rebookable or refundable so nothing I can do. The agent today also said that her colleague who I spoke to last night probably tried to put it through the computer, failed as the ticket was not changeable and so just left it. Unfortunately, I didn't get his name so I can't give you anything more specific than this. I have obviously misunderstood your rebooking policy, as I read it to mean that all tickets up until 31st August could be rebooked, and this would also tie in with what I was told last night but according to OS, this is not the case. Am I completely out of luck here? According to the OS agent, my only option is to forego all of the money I spend on my non-changeable (but still rather expensive) business class fare and buy new flights outright. While I realise that I am not directly affected by this crisis (yet), I was due to travel in April but am now not able to so was hoping to extend my trip in August in order to be able to spend some time with my elderly grandmother in the UK, as I now have extra holidays that I did not expect to have.

If you can help in any way at all, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry to hear about your experience! Kindly provide us the booking reference and the names of all passengers in a DM, that we can have a look at the ticket.

Kind regards,

Markus