FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:49 pm
Luca Suomi

Programs: qatar
Originally Posted by brunos
I fully understand your frustration. But your rant does not take into account the current total chaos. You have to decide where you want to be in the near future. If you wish to go back to Rome, do it today despite the heavy cost. Singapore and Hong Kong are now closed to transit. It is likely that other airports will also close down transit and only allow their nationals to enter.
PS: EU airlines would be forced to legally refund you the miles and whatever fee you paid. But that's it. And most EU airlines are currently not even abiding and simply giving a voucher for revenue tickets.
I agree I have to find other ways to get home, to only alternative from SGN is Aeroflot unless the lazy Italian government organizes special flights like Germany did, bring 120k citizens back with charter flights.
I have been traveling only with QR for long haul in the last 6 years, I feel so much betrayed that they are treating my award ticket early in Business class with a much lower priority than revenue tickets.