FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:28 am
Luca Suomi

Programs: qatar
Originally Posted by Freddorick
If you are somewhere close to a physical QR ticketing desk you might try your luck there, might be a better option than calling.
I wrote to the SGN ticketing office, they replied that since it’s an award ticket they cannot make any chance, it’s up to privilege club customer service. Clearly they have few flights but they don’t want to honor award tickets, this is unacceptable, once they cancel a flight they should you move to another flight whatever is the award availability. I cannot believe this is the treatment after 5-6 years of stats
us with QR, Platinum for two years and now Silver after the enhancements. If they will not honor my award ticket and force me to buy a revenue ticket I will not fly QR anymore, but honestly after the 50% devaluation of the qmiles without notice I understood they couldn’t be trusted, because a devaluation can be understood but without notice is a fraud, and this cancellation of an award ticket when they still have availability is another fraud.
I trusted you so much QR, for 4 years I fought you were the best airline.....now you leave me stranded in Vietnam forcing to come back with Aeroflot, because forget I buy a revenue ticket with you, that is a huge chance you will cancel the flight again and giving me a voucher......
From now in I will trust only EU airlines since they have to obey to European rules.
I will file a claim to the European authorities and to Iata, I will make a screen shoot of the flights availability and to the cancellation of my flight, that actually has never been notified officially, I had to write them to check the status.