FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket to FCO cancelled after few hours, options?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:17 am
Freddorick

Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
Updating the situation I am very disappointed with QR, the contact center is not working, I only managed to exchange 3 messages and got very unprofessional responses, I asked what happened to my flights and whether they could move me to any other available date of their choice.
First answer: You need to cancel four flights and everything will be refunded except non refundable award fees, so according to them they cancelled my flight and I should lose 75 usb.
Second answer: One of my flight is in economy class and they don't have award availability in economy
Third answer: they have no flights to FCO but the truth is that they are still selling flights on 29 and 31 march and 7th april. They wrote that my flights has been cancelled and I need to cancel my booking 3 days earlier or I am entitled to no refund. If they cancelled my flights why should I ask a refund 3 days earlier to departure date if there is no departure. How can I be charged a no show if my flight has been cancelled? According to this insane reply if they cancel your flight 3 days before departure you are doing a no show. Furthermore my cancellation have never been notified, I just noticed it checking with manage my booking, my flights were cancelled few hours after booking it.

I understand the situation with covid but QR is behaving in a very bad way, now I don't know if I should cancel now or wait for a miracle, my flight is on 5th April.
If you are somewhere close to a physical QR ticketing desk you might try your luck there, might be a better option than calling.